The Complete Guide to the British Peerage & Baronetage
If you have found this page useful, why not make a donation to The Peerage Research Trust so that we can continue to maintain and develop Cracroft's Peerage?
Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, of Elvetham Hall, Parish of Elvetham, Hampshire (UK Baronet, 1929)
Creation:let.pat. 1 Jul 1929
Quarterly, 1st and 4th, Chequy Or and Azure a Fess Ermine, for distinction a Canton Ermine (Calthorpe); 2nd, Gules on a Fess Argent between three Boar's Heads couped Or a Lion passant Azure, for distinction a Canton Ermine (Gough); 4th, Argent three Piles Sable (Anstruther)
1st: A Boar's Head couped erect Azure, charged for distinction with an Ermine Spot Argent (Calthorpe); 2nd (dexter): A Boar's Head couped Argent pierced through the cheek with a Broken Spear Gules, charged for distinction with an Ermine Spot Azure (Gough); 3rd (sinister): Two Arms in Armour embowed holding in the gauntlets a Battle-Axe in fess all proper (Anstruther)
Gradu diverso via una (By different steps but by one path)
Sir FitzRoy Hamilton Lloyd-Anstruther later Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, 1st Bt
only surv. son of Lt Col Robert Hamilton Lloyd-Anstruther, Member of Parliament for South East Suffolk 1886-92, by his wife Gertrude Louisa Georgiana FitzRoy, 1st dau. of Francis Horatio FitzRoy, of Frogmore Park, co. Hampshire (by his wife Hon Gertrude Duncombe, 2nd dau. of William [Duncombe], 2nd Baron Feversham), 1st son of Admiral Lord William FitzRoy KCB MP RN (by his wife Georgiana Raikes, dau. of Thomas Raikes), 2nd son by his second wife of Augustus Henry [FitzRoy], 3rd Duke of Grafton
5 Jul 1872
11 Oct 1898 his second cousin once-removed Hon Rachel Gough-Calthorpe (b. 11 Oct 1871; d. 25 May 1951), 1st dau. and cohrss. of Augustus Cholmondeley [Gough-Calthorpe], 6th Baron Calthorpe, by his wife Maud Augusta Louisa Duncombe, 3rd dau. of Hon Octavius Duncombe, of Waresley Park, co. Bedford (by his wife Lady Emily Caroline Campbell, 1st dau. of John Frederick [Campbell], 1st Earl Cawdor), 5th son of Charles [Duncombe], 1st Baron Feversham
1. Sir Richard Hamilton Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, 2nd Bt.
1. Francis Jean Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe (b. 29 Jun 1910; d. 19...), mar. 14 Sep 1942 His Honour Judge Frank Alleyne Stockdale, 1st son of Sir Frank Stockdale GCMG CBE, and had issue
2. Barbara Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe (b. 24 Oct 1911), mar. 4 Feb 1932 Ian St John [Lawson-Johnston], 2nd Baron Luke, and has issue
29 Sep 1957
1 Jul 1929 a Baronet of the United Kingdom, styled "of Elvetham Hall, Parish of Elvetham, Hampshire"
assumed the name and arms of Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe in lieu of those of Lloyd-Anstruther by Royal Warrant 1910
Sir Richard Hamilton Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, 2nd Bt., CBE DL
28 Mar 1908
20 Jul 1939 Nancy Moireach Malcolmson (d. 15 Dec 1976), only dau. of Vernon Austen Malcolmson, of Aston Bury, Stevenage, co. Hertford
1. Nial Hamilton Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, partner in Strutt & Parker (b. 20 Jul 1940; dvp. 26 Jan 1970), mar. 2 Apr 1964 Martha Rodman Don (mar. (2) 1975 Sir Charles Christian Nicholson, 3rd Bt.), 2nd dau. of Stuart Warren Don, of 1 Hyde Park Street, London W2, and had issue:
1a. Sir Euan Hamilton Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, 3rd Bt.
1a. Lara Nancy Don Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe (b. 17 Sep 1968)
2. Michael Richard Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, heir presumptive to the Baronetcy (b. 30 Oct 1943)
3. John Austen Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, of Shroner Wood, Martyr Worthy, Winchester, co. Hampshire (b. 14 Jul 1947), mar. (1) 27 May 1977 (div. 1986) Lady Mary-Gaye Georgiana Lorna Cooper-Key (b. 21 Feb 1947; former wife of (Kevin) Esmond Peter Cooper-Key; mar. (3) 1988 (div. 1994) Jeffrey Bonas, son of Harry Bonas, of Grangewood Hall, Netherseale, Burton-on-Trent, and (4) 17 Dec 1996 (div.) Christopher Shaw), 1st dau. of Edward Richard Assheton Penn [Curzon], 6th Earl Howe, by his second wife Grace Lilian Barker, former wife of Capt A N Barker, of Durban, Natal, South Africa, and 1st dau. of Stephen Frederick Wakeling, of Durban, Natal, South Africa, and (2) 1987 Vanessa Mary Theresa Llewellyn (b. 21 Feb 1958; former wife of David St Vincent Llewellyn), 3rd dau. of Lt Cdr Theodore Bernard Peregrine Hubbard RN (by his first wife Lady Miriam Fitzalan Howard DL, sister of Miles Francis [Fitzalan Howard], 17th Duke of Norfolk, and 2nd dau. of Bernard Edward [Fitzalan Howard], 3rd Baron Howard of Glossop), 1st son of Theodore Stephen Hubbard by his wife Lavinia Mary Bertie, 2nd dau. of Rev Hon Alberic Edward Bertie, Rector of Gedling, co. Nottingham, 1887-1923 (by his wife Lady Caroline Elizabeth McDonnell, 1st dau. of Mark [Kerr later McDonnell], 5th Earl of Antrim), 3rd son of Montagu [Bertie], 6th Earl of Abingdon, and has issue by both wives
Sir Euan Hamilton Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, 3rd Bt.
22 Jun 1966
The heir presumptive to the Baronetcy is Michael Richard Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, second son of the 2nd Baronet and uncle of the present Baronet.
First written 24 Aug 2006
Elvetham Hall, Hartley Witney, Hampshire RG7 8AW
ã Copyright: Heraldic Media Limited. All rights reserved.