The Complete Guide to the British Peerage & Baronetage
If you have found this page useful, why not make a donation to The Peerage Research Trust so that we can continue to maintain and develop Cracroft's Peerage?
Hanworth, Viscount (UK, 1936)
Creation: let. pat. 17 Jan 1936
Family name: Pollock
Azure three Fleurs-de-lis within a Bordure engrailed Or on a Chief Ermine two Portcullises of the second
A Boar passant quarterly Or and Vert pierced through the sinister shoulder with an Arrow proper
On either side a Bear Or muzzled collared and chained Sable
Audacter Et Strenue (Boldly and strenuously)
Ernest Murray [Pollock], 1st Baron Hanworth later 1st Viscount Hanworth, KBE PC JP
4th son of George Frederick Pollock QC (by his wife Frances Diana Herbert, 1st dau. of Rev Henry Herbert, Rector of Rathdowney, Queen's Co.), 3rd son of Rt Hon Sir Frederick Pollock, 1st Bt.
25 Nov 1861
12 Apr 1887 Laura Helen Salt (d. 16 Feb 1954), 1st dau. of Sir Thomas Salt, 1st Bt. MP, of Stanton and Weeping Cross, co. Stafford, by his wife Emma Helen Mary Anderson, dau. of John Lavicount Anderson, of Chislehurst, co. Kent
1. Capt Charles Thomas Anderson Pollock (b. 12 Apr 1889; k. in action vp. 31 Mar 1918), mar. 19 Jan 1915 Alice Joyce Becher (d. 6 Dec 1950), 1st dau. of John Henry Becher, of Southwell, co. Nottingham, and had issue:
1a. David Bertram Pollock, later 2nd Viscount Hanworth
1. Hon Marjorie Laura Pollock (d. 1981), mar. 16 Jan 1926 Sir (Walter) Leslie Farrer KCVO (d. 1984), 2nd son of Bryan Farrer, of Binnegar Hall, Wareham, co. Dorset, and had issue
22 Oct 1936
27 Nov 1922 Baronet of the United Kingdom, styled "of Hanworth"
28 Jan 1926 Baron Hanworth, of Hanworth in the County of Middlesex
17 Jan 1936 Viscount Hanworth, of Hanworth in the County of Middlesex
barrister, Inner Temple 1885; KC 1905; Member of Parliament (Unionist) for Warwick and Leamington 1910-23; Recorder of Kingston-upon-Thames 1911-23; Treasurer and Bencher, Inner Temple 1914; KBE 1917; Solicitor-General 1919-22; Privy Councillor 1922; Attorney-General 1922; Master of the Rolls 1923-35; High Steward of Stratford-on -Avon 1934
David Bertram [Pollock], 2nd Viscount Hanworth
1 Aug 1916
27 Apr 1940 (Isolda) Rosamond Parker (b. 26 Jun 1918; d. 13 Oct 2014), 2nd dau. of Geoffrey Parker, of Cairo, Egypt (by his wife Isolda Mabel Cecil Crauford, 3rd dau. of Sir Charles William Frederick Crauford, 4th Bt., by his wife Hon Isolda Caroline Vereker, 1st dau. of Standish Prendergast [Vereker], 4th Viscount Gort), 3rd son of Hon Cecil Thomas Parker (by his wife Rosamond Esther Harriet Longley, dau. of Most Rev C T Longley DD, Archbishop of Canterbury), 2nd son by his second wife of Thomas Augustus Wolstenholme [Parker], 6th Earl of Macclesfield
1. Hon David Stephen Geoffrey Pollock, later 3rd Viscount Hanworth
2. Maj Hon (Richard) Charles Standish Pollock, of Brook House, Great Dunmow, co. Essex (b. 6 Feb 1951; d. 29 Apr 2005), mar. 1982 Annette Louise Lockhart, dau. of Peter Lockhart, and has issue:
1a. Harold William Charles Pollock, heir presumptive to the Viscountcy of Hanworth (b. 30 Apr 1988)
2a. Frederick Thomas Charles Pollock (b. 30 Apr 1988)
1. Hon Gillian Isolda Josephine Pollock (b. 1 Apr 1944), mar. (1) 24 Aug 1963 (div. 1991) Timothy von Weber Sarson, son of H S R Sarson, and (2) 8 Oct 1999 Simon Digby Hugh Gleeson, of 8 Gatcombe Road, London N19, son of Chesterton Robert Gleeson, and has issue by her first husband
31 Aug 1996
served in World War II 1939-45 as Lt Col, Royal Engineers; barrister, Inner Temple 1958
David Stephen Geoffrey [Pollock], 3rd Viscount Hanworth
16 Feb 1946
19 Oct 1968 Elizabeth Liberty Vambe, dau. of Lawrence Vambe, of Harare, Zimbabwe
1. Hon Cecile Abigail Shona Pollock (b. 5 Aug 1971)
2. Hon Charlotte Anne Catherine Pollock (b. 1973)
Professor of Econometrics and Computational Statistics, University of Leicester; elected hereditary peer (Deputy Speaker - Labour), House of Lords 2011
The heir presumptive to the Viscountcy of Hanworth is Harold William Charles Pollock, a grandson of the 2nd Viscount Hanworth and nephew of the present Viscount.
Last updated 30 Oct 2014
3rd Viscount Hanworth, of Hanworth in the County of Middlesex
(United Kingdom, let. pat. 17 Jan 1936)
3rd Baron Hanworth, of Hanworth in the County of Middlesex
(United Kingdom, let. pat. 28 Jan 1926)
3rd Baronet, styled "of Hanworth"
(United Kingdom, let. pat. 27 Nov 1922)
12 Gladsmuir Road, London N19 3JX
ã Copyright: Heraldic Media Limited. All rights reserved.