The Complete Guide to the British Peerage & Baronetage
If you have found this page useful, why not make a donation to The Peerage Research Trust so that we can continue to develop and expand Cracroft's Peerage?
Tritton, of Bloomfield, Borough of Lambeth, co. London (UK Baronet, 1905)
Creation: let.pat. 1 Aug 1905
Family name: Tritton
Argent on a Bend cotised Gules a Bezant between two Helmets Or
A Horse statant Argent resting the dexter forefoot upon a Bezant
En Avant (Forward)
Sir (Charles) Ernest Tritton, 1st Bt.
2nd son of Joseph Tritton, of Lombard Street, Bloomfield, Norwood, Borough of Lambeth, and Lyons Hall, co. Essex, by his wife Amelia Hanson, dau. of Joseph Hanson, of Brixton Hill, Borough of Lambeth
4 Sep 1845
30 May 1872 Edith Green (d. 18 Feb 1921), 2nd dau. of Frederick Green, of South Kensington, London
1. Sir Alfred Ernest Tritton, 2nd Bt.
1. Florence Annette Tritton (b. 6 Sep 1874; d. 10 Dec 1961), mar. 2 Jul 1899 John Liebenrood (d. 26 Aug 1945), son of Capt John Liebenrood RN, of Prospect Park, Reading, co. Berkshire, and had issue
2. Laura Edith Tritton (b. 15 Apr 1876; d. 26 May 1968)
28 Dec 1918
1 Aug 1905 a Baronet of the United Kingdom, styled of "of Bloomfield, Borough of Lambeth, co. London"
Member of Parliament (Conservative) for Lambeth Norwood 1892-1906
Sir Alfred Ernest Tritton, 2nd Bt.
6 Jun 1873
22 Jun 1898 Agneta Elspeth Campbell (d. 17 Mar 1960), only dau. of William Middleton Campbell, of Camis Eskan, Helensburgh, co. Dunbarton, and Fen Place, Turner's Hill, co. Sussex
1. Sir Geoffrey Ernest Tritton, 3rd Bt.
1. Edith Gwendoline Tritton (b. 23 Sep 1902; d. 19...), mar. 23 Oct 1924 Sir Jeremiah Colman, 2nd Bt., and had issue
2. Elspeth Muriel Tritton (b. 27 May 1907; d. 19...), mar. 11 Aug 1927 Sir Robert Annesley Wilkinson Dent CB, son of Robert Wilkinson Dent JP, of Flass, co. Westmoreland, and had issue
3. Anstice Marion Tritton (b. 17 Jul 1909; d. 1993), mar. 9 Apr 1931 Lt Col Sir George Arthur Harford, 2nd Bt., and had issue
2 Sep 1939
Sir Geoffrey Ernest Tritton, 3rd Bt. CBE DL
3 Nov 1900
2 Jul 1925 Mary Patience Winifred Foster (d. 28 Jan 1960), yst. dau. of John Kenneth Foster, of Coombe Park, co. Oxford, and Egton Manor, Cleveland, co. York
1. Sir Anthony John Ernest Tritton, 4th Bt.
1. Julia Mary Tritton (b. 2 Mar 1930), mar. 20 Sep 1952 Richard Norman Kingzett, of 18 Sloane Avenue, London SW3, 1st son of Norman Froggatt Kingzett MBE, and has issue
15 Nov 1976
served in World War II 1939-45 as T/Maj Rifle Brigade (TA); MBE 1945; Deputy Lieutenant for Wiltshire 1956; High Sheriff of Wiltshire 1958; CBE 1958
Maj Sir Anthony John Ernest Tritton, 4th Bt.
4 Mar 1927
12 Oct 1957 Diana Micklethwait (b. 18 Apr 1931), only dau. of Rear-Admiral St John Aldrich Micklethwait CB DSO DL, by his wife Clemence Penelope Olga Welby-Everard, 1st dau. of Edward Everard Earle Welby later Welby-Everard JP DL, of Gosberton House, Spalding, co. Lincoln, High Sheriff of Lincolnshire 1935 (by his wife Gwladys Muriel Petra Herbert, yst. dau. of Rev George W Herbert), 1st son of Edward Montague Earle Welby JP, barrister, Stipendiary Magistrate of Sheffield 1874-1915 (by his wife Sarah Elizabeth Everard, only child of Robert Everard, of Fulney House, co. Lincoln), 4th son of Sir Glynne Earle Welby later Welby-Gregory, 3rd Bt.
1. Jeremy Ernest Tritton, de jure 5th Bt.
1. Clarissa Mary Penelope Tritton (b. 21 Jun 1959), mar. 9 Sep 1988 John Charles Joseph Delamere, of The Old Rectory, Avening, co. Gloucester, 2nd son of F A Delamere, of Rathgowan, Mullingar, co. Westmeath, and has issue
9 Aug 2012
served in the Army as Maj, Queen's Own Hussars
Jeremy Ernest Tritton, de jure 5th Bt.
6 Oct 1961
Mr Jeremy Tritton has not yet proven his succession to the Baronetcy of Tritton
First written 13 Aug 2012
8 Dorset Road, London SW8 1EJ
ã Copyright: Heraldic Media Limited. All rights reserved.